Saturday, October 17, 2009

Europe!

Becca has safely arrived in Europe, I spoke with her on the phone after she landed in Frankfurt Germany shortly after midnight Pacific time. They had about a 4 hour layover in Germany before flying to St. Petersburg, where they were scheduled to arrive about 7:20 AM Pacific time on Saturday morning. I suspect that she is catching up on some much needed sleep right now with the rest of the team.
I have included a picture she sent from the Frankfurt airport. Here is an email she wrote on the plane that she sent shortly after landing.
Well, it is now 8:00 Seattle time and 10:00 Texas time. It appears everyone else is having no problem sleeping on the airplane. I on the other hand sit her wide awake. I believe we will arrive in Germany at 1:15 in the morning Texas time, 11:15 Seattle time. That's about the time I usually go to bed back home. I am a creature of habit and this doesn't bode well for me. We have a 5 hour layover in Germany. I wonder if I can get some shut eye there??? Hmmm...it will however be 9:45 am in their morning. Lord give me strength. Susan seems to be sleeping fine next to me. I bought, in TX, a neck pillow that is covered in the American Flag! No doubting where I'm from...AMEN! Every time I would head back to the restroom (which was a lot!) My "friend" Pete was there hanging out. Neither of us could sit in our seat long. He is a 60 year old man from Italy who has 4 children as well. His first one was born in '82 and last one '00- same year Gavin was born!! Funny huh? It's been nice meeting people from different parts of the world. I especially like the airline we are on- Luftansa -it's a German airline. So, the stewardesses are German(like my Grandma). I've enjoyed listening to them speak! I miss my boys already! I miss my husband! I pray for the Russian children and people. I can't wait to meet them all. I look forward to God changing me and hopefully revealing his will and plan for our life concerning adoption from Russia. Whether I feel led because of the trip or not. PTL!
Becca
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Mom said...

Have a great time Becca. Take it all in. Keep a journal. I did not and regretted it in Indonesia. Thought I'd remember it all but didn't.