Friday, May 9, 2008

Day shift!


Yes, from the stamp you can see it is an old picture, complete with about 7-10 lbs of "License Class weight" on it.
I picked this picture over others because I am trading the office in the picture for a regular cubicle for the next year so I can concentrate on "outage preps". What this means in english is that I'm on dayshift for a year, with a cubicle, a phone, a window, and internet radio.
I am happy to be getting off shift for a while, although I've actually jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. This new job will be very challenging, but at the same time will prove to be very rewarding as well. Becca and I are rearranging our vacation plans based on the schedule change, and I'm actually available now for stuff like being a Sunday School teacher...lets see what happens.

1 comment:

Michael Gerhart said...

Who hoo! Good for you. Shift work was one of my least favorite things about being a nuc. Next up; leaving the cube behind for sunshine, and life behind the wheel, visiting your friends and selling them stuff they need for their plants!